Diamondhead USA, Inc. VRS-T Free-Floating Handguard Rail Black Free Floating AR-15 13.5" 2231
Diamondhead’s innovative VRS™ “T” Free Floating Handguards offer an uninterrupted rail extension and handguard in perfect alignment with the host weapon’s flat top receiver. The “T” rail replaces the factory delta ring and barrel nut. The V-RS™ Free Floating Handguard System provides the same flexibility of use as Diamondhead’s renowned VRS™ Drop-In System. Simply attach rails and bumpers to the V-RS™ for the required rail-mounted accessories.
- Designed to give a factory installed appearance to the rifle.
- Requires removal of both delta ring and factory barrel nut and replacement of front sight with low profile gas block
- Propriety replacement barrel nut included with rail that allows for easy installation and elimination of barrel nut timing issues
- Mounts on barrels with low profile gas block, or can replace fixed front sight (basic punch, hammer) with a low profile gas block (not included)
- Comfortable rounded triangular shape
- Sturdy, lightweight free float design
- Improves accuracy and provides exceptional airflow to keep barrel cooler
- Flush mounted top rail giving a monolithic appearance
- Lightning fast configuration changes
- Uninterrupted mounting surface for optics or other accessories.
- Improves comfort and ease of shooting while allowing for personal modification with rail accessories (rails & bumpers)
- Customize for specific applications
- Add more rails as additional accessories are needed
- Mix full length and short rails and bumpers to suit
- Proprietary clamping system for rigid, secure attachment
- Mil. Std. 1913 Picatinny rail dimensions
- Fits all M4/AR15/M16 variants
- Mil. Spec. Type III anodized 6061 aluminum construction
- Combat durable
- Diamondhead® exclusive Lifetime Warranty
|UPC ||857880003191 |
|MSRP ||$189.00 |
|Dimensions ||13.5" |
|Finish / Color ||Black |
|Fit ||AR-15 |
|Manufacturer Part# ||2231 |
|Model ||VRS-T Free-Floating Handguard |
|Notes ||Free Floating |
|Type ||Rail |
|Weight (Lbs) ||1.63 |
It's hard to believe but there are no questions for this product.
The one I received had some very obvious machining flaws and DH's resonse was it was only cosmetic and didn't effect function. I also bought their rails, which you can't mix and match, or place on the bottom of the guard without it protruding past the end. At the current price it is a good project piece if you have the time. And because of how they drilled the side holes, when you install a rail, the screws sit crooked and blocks both slots and no longer sit flush. If you buy their flash hider, get a jamb nut. They supply a crush washer that has a larger OD than the flash hider itself and it does't work. Really disappointed with DH and would not recommend anything from them when there are so many other options and manufacturers that do it right the first time.